Work with a Qualified Divorce Lawyer in Atlanta, GA, to Get Help Reaching a Favorable Settlement
More often than not, couples wishing to divorce face a series of complex legal issues that can make the process lengthy and emotionally taxing. While many people would like to think they can hammer out a quick agreement, that’s seldom what happens in real life. Commonly contested issues in divorces are property division, distribution of a pension, alimony, and child custody. In situations like these, it is often highly beneficial to seek out divorce mediation service with a trusted attorney. As one of the Atlanta, GA area’s top divorce attorney firms, FAM Legal can help you and your soon-to-be-ex-spouse reach an agreeable settlement. Whether you require assistance with a child custody dispute or professional guidance in the process of dividing assets, Precious Felder is the divorce lawyer you need.
A Dedicated Divorce Attorney Can Help You Resolve Contested Divorce Issues
Making Your Divorce Easier
A contested divorce is a divorce involving at least one contested issue, whether it’s child support payment, asset division, other emotional issues, or any combination of these. At FAM Legal, we’re committed to helping you resolve these issues as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Common issues that may arise for couples during divorce proceedings include:
- Division of Assets: Even in a “simple” divorce, there may be questions about whether an inheritance or a “separate” property has become a marital asset. Our firm can handle complex divorce cases involving large estates, financial interests in a business, and the division of a military or work pension. When needed, we access financial experts to help our clients feel confident they are being treated fairly and respectfully in the property settlement agreement.
- Child Custody: Child Custody is usually a very contentious issue in a divorce. We have worked with a number of clients who had challenging jobs with variable schedules. Our firm is skilled at determining a feasible parenting plan and custody arrangement for our clients. Our goal is to help you find workable solutions to child custody that safeguard your relationship with your child. We do this in negotiations as well as at trial if that’s what it takes to protect your parental rights.
- Other Emotional Issues: Sometimes, the biggest stumbling block to an uncontested divorce is emotional. A spouse may be angry and unwilling to compromise, or a parent may harbor fears about the parenting ability of the other parent, leading him or her to make claims of unfitness. In such cases, our divorce attorneys take aggressive action to protect our clients’ rights and interests.
To secure the best possible outcomes for our clients, we often take contested divorce cases to court and fight aggressively on their behalf. We don’t shy away from the hard work of preparing for trial; in fact, that’s where we shine. By preparing every case as if it will go to trial, we prepare ourselves to succeed in the face of challenges.
The Many Benefits of Divorce Mediation Services
Trust Us to Help You Get Through Your Divorce without Stress
Issues of disagreement are common at the beginning of a divorce, which classify the divorce as “contested.” Our firm offers mediation and negotiation services for divorcing couples to help them arrive at a mutually agreeable solution. At FAM Legal we regularly draft settlement agreements for clients, to assure that the uncontested issues are accurately reflected for finality.
We can help you determine the following:
- A property settlement that fairly divides marital assets and debts.
- Whether one of the spouses will receive spousal maintenance, in what amount and for how long.
- Who will have custody of children, and what kind of custody they will have (joint custody or sole custody).
- How much visitation the other parent will have, and when.
- How much child support a parent will receive.
If you and your spouse have mutually agreed to divorce but face complex issues as difficult questions arise, our divorce mediation service can help. Contact our office to speak with an experienced attorney committed to assisting you with your goals in your divorce.